Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Puttenham Poor Law Papers ~ Settlement/ Removal Orders 1725 – 1840


  • 1725 Settlement certificate parish of Godalming to Robert ROWLS & Mary formerly of Puttenham.
  • 1772 Settlement certificate parish of Godalming for John and Elizabeth BUDD and daughter age 2 (Envelope in the hands of Charles Kerry about 1872 explaining above)
  • 1791 Removal Order for William LEGG and Ann his wife & their four children from Puttenham to their parish of settlement – Elstead.
  • 1791 Removal Order for Mary COOPER aged 7 of Puttenham from Compton where she had been a Charge on the parish.
  • 1822 Removal Order for Catherine BAKER & her two children from Puttenham to her parish of Settlement – East Stonehouse, Devon.
  • 1826 Removal Order for Charlotte ROGERS from Puttenham to her parish of settlement - Camberley
  • 1828 Removal Order for George HARDING from Puttenham to his parish of settlement – Guildford.
  • 1828 Removal Order of James ELLIS, Sarah his wife and their six children from Nafferton, Yorkshire To their parish of settlement – Puttenham.
  • 1829 Removal Order for Hannah WOODS from Wigan to Puttenham.
  • 1831 Removal Order for Charles BALCHIN from Puttenham to his parish of settlement – St Nicholas Guildford.
  • 183? Removal Order for William WATLAND and Jane his wife from Stoke Dabernon to Puttenham.
  • 1833 Removal Order for George LOVELOCK and Hannah his wife from Puttenham to their parish of Settlement – Degmersfield.
  • 1833 Removal Order for Charlotte ROGERS from Puttenham to St Lukes Middlesex
  • 1833 Removal Order for William and Sarah WOODYER and their two children from the Hamlet of Hammersmith To their parish of settlement – Puttenham.
  • 1833 Letter from the Overseer of Hammersmith Hamlet reporting the illness of William WOODYER and his wife.
  • 1835 Removal Order of Mary BUDD from Puttenham to her parish of settlement – Seale & Tongham
  • 1840 Removal Order for James COOMBES and his wife from Puttenham to his parish of settlement – Headley
Sourced from material that is now located at the Surrey History Centre at Woking, Surrey.

No comments:

Post a comment